Full Arch Replacement with All-on-4 Dental Implants
In the past, individuals who had suffered jawbone atrophy were not eligible for dental implants without first undergoing a bone graft or sinus lift procedures. Fortunately, there are alternative options available today. All-on-4 dental implants are a type of implant that maximizes contact with existing bone tissue, making it possible in many cases to receive implants without grafting. At River Valley Advanced Dental & Implant Center, serving Billings, MT, and Boise, ID, Dr. David Casagrande places and restores All-on-4 dental implants to restore the health, comfort, and appearance of your smile.
All-on-4 dental implants offer a wide range of advantages:
- The implants can support a full arch fixed restoration.
- This option usually eliminates the need for a bone graft.
- Because it uses fewer implants, this treatment often costs less than restoring your smile with traditional dental implants.
Your candidacy for All-on-4 dental implants will depend on a number of factors:
- Quantity and quality of jawbone available
- Jawbone density
- Good general health
- Good oral health
- Being a non-smoker
- If you are diabetic, the condition must be controlled
During a detailed assessment, Dr. Casagrande can determine if All-on-4 or another restorative option is best for you.
Have you previously been told that you do not qualify for dental implants due to jawbone recession? If so, All-on-4 dental implants could be an option for you.
All-on-4 treatment can typically be completed in a couple of hours. Here are the general steps in the treatment process:
- Before the day of your surgery, Dr. Casagrande uses CAT scans and x-rays to determine the best locations for the implants.
- The gums are numbed with local anesthesia prior to implant insertion. Dr. Casagrande offers an array of sedation options including oral conscious sedation, IV sedation, and general anesthesia to help alleviate dental anxiety and keep patients comfortable during treatment.
- Once you are comfortable, Dr. Casagrande will carefully and strategically place the implants into your jawbone.
- A temporary restoration will be attached when the implants are in place. Meanwhile, the implants will fuse to the jaw in a process known as osseointegration, which typically takes four to six months.
- After osseointegration has occurred, your temporary restorations are replaced with your permanent restoration.
Dr. Casagrande uses the latest and most innovative technology during All-on-4 dental implant procedures. Our CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) scanner captures thousands of radiographic images, then combines them into a highly accurate three-dimensional representation of your oral anatomy. This computer-guided technology can be used to determine the exact locations in the jawbone where the implant posts should be placed. Our cone beam scanner takes the guesswork out of dental implant placement and helps deliver long-lasting results.
Contact Dr. Casagrande Today
Have you previously been told that you do not qualify for dental implants due to jawbone recession? If so, All-on-4 dental implants could be an option for you. To learn more about this procedure, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Casagrande, contact us online or by calling one of our office locations.